- Gurdeep Saroa
// SEO Services
- Published on
Whether you are new to SEO or have been a part of the industry for more than a decade, it is necessary to understand the importance of a few elements, and backlinks are amongst the most crucial ones. Creating powerful backlinks is essential for every business because, in digital marketing, these links are considered recommendations from third-party websites. The more valuable backlinks you will have, your brand will become more reliable in the mind of your target audience. Hence, while hiring a local SEO company in Toowoomba, it is necessary to talk and understand their approach to backlinking.
The Importance of Backlinking You Should Know About
Backlinking has always been part of the off-page strategy. In the last few years, it has become integral to every good SEO strategy. If the service provider is not looking into this and is not enthusiastic about creating suitable backlinks and networks, you should not hire them. With backlinks from good sources, your page authority or PA will increase, positively influencing your business and boosting your ranking in the search engine. If considered with care, you will find that proper backlinking will impact your traffic and ROI. Hence, you need to take this process seriously and invest appropriate strategy, planning and expertise to ensure that this avenue is being used properly.
Keeping Up with The Evolution of SEO
It would help if you further remembered that SEO strategies and theories had evolved a lot in the last few years, primarily due to Google's various updates and changes. It is a known fact that having high page authority is something that helps Google notice a website. So, if you are backlinking with another website with high PA, the chances of getting noticed in the process are high. In their attempts to enjoy this facility and make a website get a better ranking, experts used to create backlinks that won't have any benefits. There used to be a practice of backlink buying and various other shortcuts. Today, all these options have become redundant, as they cannot help a business grow.
The Most Suitable Link Building Methods You Should Choose
Therefore, you must be focusing on legitimate and reasonable ways of securing backlinks. Doing so will help your business grow. It will ensure that your business gets established as a reliable and trustworthy one in the industry. This may not seem vital initially, but within a few months, you will understand the importance of remaining above-board in every aspect of the business, especially the marketing efforts. The most suitable ways of building backlinks for your business are:
The Skyscraper Technique of Link BuildingUnder this method:
- You should find a piece of content that is entirely relevant for your industry and the kind of expertise your company has. Using Google and the first three search results for this purpose will be the best approach you can have.
- You will then have to create content that is more informative and helpful for the target audience. Your content has to be better than the first three search results produced by Google at the moment.
- You will then have to promote the content. If there are websites, businesses and individuals mentioned in the content, you can ask them to link your content as reciprocation. It will help with the link building process.
The Helping a Reporter Out Approach
If you wish, it will be possible to use the HARO site to contact a journalist looking for an expert for quotes or statements or both. By helping such a journalist, you will open up the possibility of earning a powerful backlink.
Choosing the Broken Link Building Approach
Under this method, you can find broken links with other websites and ask them to mend those links. You can suggest that they revive the broken ones by linking them with your content and website.
Publishing Ultimate Guide Content will Help
Publishing content, if it is of the ultimate guide kind, will help acquire powerful and beneficial backlinks. However, for that, the content has to be of that quality. You cannot just use the term "ultimate guide" and write whatever comes to mind. You have to provide the proper guidance to the people who want it. If the content is not informative enough, if it is not attractive enough, you will not receive the kind of feedback you want, which won't help your cause.
The Need to Have a Clear Discussion with the Service Provider
While selecting the SEO service provider, you have to have an extended discussion regarding the kind of link building service. In addition, you should discuss the methods they are going to use because without that knowledge, you will remain in the dark, and it may result in your business suffering. Along with the good ways of securing backlinks, you need to know about the wrong ways of doing the same. Knowing about these points will help you avoid them and keep an eye on the service provider to check if they are using any such methods or not.
The Link Building Methods You Should Always Avoid
The backlinking techniques you should always avoid are:
- Never resort to buying backlinks, no matter how tempting and beneficial the solution may seem. If you fall for this, your website and SEO will suffer.
- Don't choose to automate link generation. This is considered a spammy technique and won't provide the kind of response you may have dreamt about.
- Commenting on third-party blogs only to generate links is not the right way to begin or boost your link building process.
- Backlinks should always be established for pages where they are most relevant. Hence, do not create links that will get directed to your homepage. Use your services or other content-rich relavent pages instead.
- You should never recycle your content for different pages. It is necessary to remember that if the backlinks are not directing people to relevant content or service, or expertise, then they won't help your website.
Your link building efforts should never get penalised by Google. You need to remember this point and act accordingly. For any further assistance, contact GRIVITY today.